Published on September 17th, 2012 | by thevyne0
Surround Yourself in Fall
By Keesha B.
I heart fall. I really do. There’s just nothing like the crisp air, gentle breeze and turning leaves of the fall. When the season changes I like to surround myself with it in subtle, comforting ways (all of which, incidentally, involve my couch). Here are a few ways to do so:
1. Get yourself some Cozy Throws for your couch – Is there any more relaxing place on a chilly fall day than being curled up on your couch, swaddled in a plush blanket watching your favorite rom-com while sipping some chamomile tea?
2. Try changing out your decorative toss pillows for some fresh fall shades that complement your existing décor. Don’t let an orange palette stop you. Try deep earth tones, deep burgundies and deep greens.
3. A lovely scented candle can truly carry you away. During this time of year I love to have the scent of pumpkin, spices, leaves and apples in my home. Visit stores like Bath and Body Works, Anthropology and Jo Malone for some soothing scents of the season.
4. Domestic goddess I am not, but how fun does it sound to whip up a spicy sweet Curry Pumpkin Soup to sip on while cuddled under those cozy throw blankets on your couch (anyone else notice how this entire article revolves around my couch?)
5. I recently took in a fall container planting demonstration with Allison and I got hooked on the final product that was created by the instructor. Considering my green thumb is challenged, I opted to purchase this beautiful arrangement of plants, flowers and peppers in deep fall hues. It’s a pretty large container and looks delightful on my balcony.